The concept of a case study is a methodologically and educationally oriented challenge, aimed at integration of different theoretical concepts and situations from the real business environment, in other words, a Case Study is a documented study of specific real-life situations, used as a training tool, where students are required to analyze the prescribed case and present their solutions to the company representatives. For this reason alone the Case Study methodology allows participants a detailed insight into a practical business-oriented problem of a studied organization or a company, through diverse discussions as a method of active learning, which promotes the implementation and development of critical and creative thinking needed in the field of management.
But case study competition isn’t just a competition. It is a chance to present yourselves as an active part of student community, meet new people and employees (or company representatives) and learn new valuable skills.
In this document, please find general information about our event and some preliminary data for application.
What can we offer?
– Possibility of gaining new skills and knowledge.
– An option to meet company representatives and to present your skill set.
– Receiving a certificate of attendance that you can use in your resume.
– You are excused of paying any application fees.
Time and duration
– From 10th to 18th March 2021.
– On Wednesday 10th March 2021 case giving company will present their company and this year’s case study problem via online tool MS Teams.
– You will have one week to develop a solution, so on Wednesday 17th March 2021 each team will present their solution.
– The winners of the competition will be announced on the last day of the competition (18th March 2021).
– You will receive the exact agenda after your registration.
Rules and guidelines?
– Teams that apply for the competition must consist at least 4 students and maximum 5 students.
– You will be presenting your solutions in English.
– At the beginning of the competition participants will be presented with the rules of case study competition (in details) and the key frameworks of a business-related problem from Slovenian company that is a sponsor of the competition.
– Students have one week to solve the problem/s.
– You can apply for the case study by March 5, 2021 via the form published on the website:
In case you need any help or if you have questions
Your primary assigned contact: Marina Đorđeski
Telephone number: +386 31 374 799
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Your secondary assigned contact: Career Center of the Faculty of Organizational Sciences
Telephone number: +386 4 23 74 245
Email address: email@example.com
Group of students can sign up on this application form until 5th March 2021 or until all vacant posts are filled up.
Wednesday, 10th of March, 2021:
- 10:00: Presentation of the Case Study Challenge
Wednesday, 17th of March, 2021:
- 10:00 – 14:00: Students’ Case Study presentations
Thursday, 18th of March, 2021:
- 13:00: Results Announcement